Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pink!


Jacob and I went to my 18 week ultrasound today and it was reaffirmed to me what I've felt all along; we're having a little girl! I'm so excited and relieved that my instincts weren't completely off. I had 4 dreams when I first got pregnant that I was holding my little girl. Anyone who knows me knows that my baby dreams are like 95% accurate. I had a dream my mom had a girl before we even knew she was pregnant with Hannah. I had a dream my sister had a girl before I even knew SHE was pregnant. So I thought "If I have THIS many dreams that it's a girl, and it's a boy, my whole psyche will be thrown off." Luckily that didn't happen, and little E. is on her way. (I don't want to tell her name to the world until she's born, but we'll just say I've got a name selected!) The doc said she looks just right size-wise and all her major organs are functioning as they should be, which is always good to hear. And her heartbeat was 160bpm, which they said was right on track.

I just have to say, that it's one of the most amazing things to see your baby in an ultrasound. She kept covering her face with her hands, and squirming around so we didn't really get a good profile shot, but I had tears in my eyes when we saw her little arms and legs moving, and her little heart beating. I'm so happy that the Lord has blessed us with this little girl, and I already love her more than I ever thought possible. Here's to the next 5 months! (We'll see how much I love her when she's kicking me in the ribs and I can FEEL it. :) )

7 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

How exciting. Everyone needs a little girl. I can't believe you already have the name picked out. That is very impressive. You are going to have so much fun buying clothes for her. The selection for girls is awesome!

Introspective Steph said...

congrats once again. I think those dreams are real. My sister had a dream about having a little girl before she found out the sex and when they told her the sex it was a little girl. So, I think those dreams are 100% accurate! (spelling?)

The Carrolls said...

That is so wonderful! I am so excited for you! There is nothing better in the world than being a parent. You will have so much fun!! Paul and I are hoping it is a girl for us this time around. Rachael has the same dreams and a few weeks before we found out we were pregnant she told us she had a dream about me and a baby girl I was holding. I hope it was mine, but if not I love little baby boys just as much!!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! Having a girl first is great...of course I am partial :) I had tons of dreams that Abby was going to be a girl too. Even some of a slightly curly haired, blonde toddler. It's cool how that works :)

Introspective Steph said...

do you guys have any ideas for a nursery? Please, tell me you're not going all high fashion on me. There's a girl I know who's doing a Burberry theme...and it looks so high fashion! With a chandalier...who does that in a baby's room? Anyways...Please, tell me you're not doing that???!!!

Nicole Kinney aka Mommy said...

I am so excited for you both!! I have already started buying little girl stuff!! I can't wait to see that beautiful girl :) I love the name btw. Love you both and will see you in a few months.

Devanie said...

I updated my bloggie poo! and you and Jacob are STARS! Check it out Chica!