Sunday, February 21, 2010

Betrothed

Eisley had her first real date this weekend. Sure she's met other boys; there was Kaleb from Kentucky who was super cute but a little shy around her and Bentley from Boise who was sick when she met him, so she couldn't be sure what he was really like. But for this weekend, it was lunch at a Chinese restaurant to meet my good friend Brooke's son, Jett for the first time. A REAL date. I was glad she let me tag along and take pictures. Something I'm SURE she won't let me do when she's a teenager. But I was there this time and it was priceless.

I think it went well...

Jett nervously munching his appetizer until Eisley arrived.
Neither of them were sure what to think.

Play it cool, play it cool. Don't seem too eager.Jett tried his hardest to share with Eisley, but she was playing hard to get.He got a little discouraged, and Eisley kept looking to me for comfort.Finally, she reached out to accept his offer.Oh yeah! Jett is very satisfied with himself."Mom! I think he likes me!"
Finally dropping all pretenses, (and realizing Eisley can't eat crackers) he just went for her hand. What a stud.It was time to say goodbye all too soon.Eisley didn't get the memo on "you go 90, let them come the last 10"
She went straight in for the kiss.
That is one happy couple!
Okay, okay, so I realize it's crazy to plan your daughter's marriage and put her on fake dates. But after seeing these pictures, I'm not so sure it was fake.

At any rate, we had a blast seeing Brooke and Jett and are so glad they made the long journey down from Canada and that Dev and I could make it up from Utah to see the Interior Design art show and have some much-needed girls time. Thanks for the memories! And who knows, maybe these two will live happily ever after?

3 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

haha..that is so cute. did u go to the student show? was it good?

Unknown said...

Okay that was really funny. I can't wait to get home and check out my photo's a little larger as well. I might have a good kissing one too.

Devanie said...

This was hilarious! I'm so happy I got to be there to watch all the magic happen! Let's hope a wicked witch won't try to give Eisley a spinning wheel for her 16th birthday- seems like betrothed chicks always have crap like that happen! xo